Location Labs is seeking a Performance Engineer to join a Performance Engineering Team responsible for designing, implementing, and analyzing performance assessments of our backend server products.
As a Performance Engineer, reporting to the Lead Performance Engineer, you will:
- Design and execute extensive scalability, stability and stress tests using industry standard and in-house built tools
- Analyze and summarize test results in reports and capacity planning documents
- Generate week over week charts tracking performance characteristics of software actively under development
- Collaborate with development teams in system architecture design review
We expect a Performance Engineer to have:
- a B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- experience running and analyzing performance tests
- experience in software development or test automation
- an eye for detail and strong communication and organization skills
- programming experience with Python and Java
- knowledge of SQL performance assessment and tuning
About the Company:
Location Labs is the leader in mobile consumer products that enhance the personal safety of millions of users. Our engineers work closely with major device manufacturers, platform providers and network operators worldwide to provide cutting-edge solutions leveraging remote mobile device locator and management tools. Our company is redefining the market with a refreshingly new take on location services and the way in which mobile devices are managed.
Our results-oriented approach and ongoing success translate into certain amenities: on-site espresso machine, weekly yoga, bi-weekly on-site massage, on-site gym, group rock-climbing at the nearby climbing gym, pick-up basketball, and a kitchen generously stocked with organic produce and treats. In addition, we have free lunch on Fridays from local eateries, and quarterly off-site events that include family and friends (fixed menu dinners, A's games, et al.). Our staff is a diverse mix of fun individuals including foodies, musicians, ultimate frisbee players, surfers, climbers, and urban cyclists. Our office is easily accessible via car, bike, BART, or the Amtrak station across the street.
Thank you for your interest! Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. Check out our website for more information: www.locationlabs.com